We have a vacancy for a Proposals Coordinator within the Commercial department of Horizon Geosciences in Sharjah office:
The Proposals Coordinator is responsible for acting on the enquiries assigned to him / her and preparation of the proposals. The Proposals Coordinator reports to the Proposal Manager and will be required to handle the bidding process from receipt of inquiry to project award.
RESPONSIBILITY, ACCOUNTABILITY AND AUTHORITY
The tasks performed by the proposal coordinator include (but are not limited to) the below activities.
- Review the enquiry and ensure that Client’s requirements are fully understood.
- Review scope of work, price schedule and other enquiry documents with Proposals Manager at initial stage and issue request for technical and commercial clarifications to Client as required.
- Preparing proposals based on client requirements.
- Liaise with various department heads to ensure proposal is in line with how the work will be undertaken.
- Ensure all proposals are submitted within given client timeframe.
- Follow up on submitted enquiries and request feedback on the proposals to assist in securing the project.
- Assist Contracts and Proposals Manager in the contract review during the contract finalization, when the project is awarded.
- Carry out Handover to Project Manager once the project is awarded.
- Hand over the project to Project management team in successful award.
- Degree (or Diploma) in any related discipline to the offshore industry.
- Good time management, organized thinking and good communication skills are essential requirements for this position
- Knowledge / exposure to the offshore survey and soil investigation industry, offshore EPC works and Marine industry
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role within the offshore industry.
- Sound knowledge of MS office.
- Fluent written and spoken English
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining your experience to date together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Proposals Coordinator in the subject line.
We have a vacancy for a Driller within the Geotech Division of Horizon Geosciences
The Driller is responsible for operating the drilling rig and support units, the safe and timely completion of the drilled hole, and provides direction and leadership to the roughnecks on all drilling related operations. He will also direct and control the mud mixing and hole sampling and testing activities and ensure these operations are carried out safely, in a timely manner, and to a high standard of which is expected of all Horizon personnel.
Responsibility and Principle Activity:
- Liaise closely with drilling supervisor on all drilling and sampling activities
- Ensure the accurate recording of hole depth, including sample and testing depths
- Ensure personal safety and the safety of colleagues in the work place at all times
- Ensure to deliver clear and effective communications to all drilling personnel
- Interpret, understand and respond to downhole drilling conditions
- Liaise closely with project geotechnical staff to achieve quality of sample
- Assign a specified task and delegate responsibilities to all personnel
- Submit detailed and accurate requisitions and authorize at the appropriate level
- Ensure good housekeeping practices
- Responsible to report any unsafe acts or potential hazards and adhere to the stop work policy
- Mobilisation and de-mobilisation of drilling rig and related equipment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Geotechnical drilling industry.
- Experience in working in a difficult and demanding environments.
- Capable of working with people of different nationalities and cultures
- Effective communicator and active listener
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Computer literate
We are always on the lookout for motivated DP2 Marine Crew, click on each job title below to view the experience and qualifications required:
If you’d like to further your career with Horizon, send your CV with a covering letter specifying the position you’re applying for to
email@example.com. For the DP2 Marine Crew positions, please mark your email FAO: Joy C. Parungao.