An exciting opportunity to join an expanding team in a role which brings together aspects of business development, tendering and project management. The role requires a candidate with a technical background and existing commercial and project management experience to a mid / senior level who is looking to take the next step in their career.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Support the development of the Company market strategy and business planning
- To develop opportunities to bid for relevant work with existing and new clients
- To produce technical and commercial proposals for projects of interest
- To manage the execution of projects performed by the Company
- Monitor project performance and provide project cost and revenue feedback
The following qualifications, experience and skills are required:
- A relevant degree in geophysical / geotechnical / marine sciences or similar
- A minimum of 5 year’s project management/commercial experience
- Proven track record with knowledge of geophysical / geotechnical or marine investigation techniques
- Strong commercial acumen and contractual awareness
- Excellent communication skills and ability to liaise effectively with others
- Highly self-motivated, self-disciplined and having the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Computer literate to an intermediate or advanced level, including knowledge of MS Word; Excel; and MS Project
Competitive depending on experience including relocation package as required
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining your experience to date and motivation for applying for this role together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Project Manager in the subject line.
Applicants must be in possession of valid documentation allowing them to work in the UK.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the supervision and management of specific projects assigned by the Projects Director. Responsible for all communications with Clients (commercial and contractual), directing the Party Chief / Team Leader, OPM or senior field staff, to ensure that projects are conducted Safely, within budget, in accordance with procedures to the contract specifications, and that the Company’s Integrated Management System is followed.
- B.Sc. or Engineering Level in Hydrographic Surveying / Civil Engineer / Geotechnical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Project management.
- Familiar with the services and equipment used.
- Familiar with basic accounting principles.
- Fluent written and spoken English Language.
- Computer literate (MS Office applications, MS Projects).
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining your experience to date together with your CV to email@example.com with Project Manager in the subject line.
We have a vacancy for a Group Logistics Manager within our Logistics Department at Sharjah Office. The Group Logistics Manager reports to the General Managers working closely with the Project Managers and department heads to ensure effective logistics and to improve project performance. The Group Logistics Manager collaborates with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems and processes such as operations, projects and finance.
Responsibility and Principle Activity:
The operations performed by the Group Logistics Manager include (but are not limited to) the below activities:
- Create and implement policies and procedures and formalise documentation for all logistic activities in accordance with legal requirements.
- Implement and manage a logistics tracking system for all Group equipment.
- Ensure all customs duties and taxation laws are adhered to including control and provision of relevant documentation.
- Track and report on service quality, delivery time, transportation costs and efficiency.
- Establish and manage all partners and agents in the supply chain ensuring effective, efficient and smooth operations.
- Manage any arising problems or complaints concerning logistics.
- Supervise, coach and train logistics staff.
- Provide daily update of all ongoing group logistics
- Supervise documentation control to ensure accurate records are maintained.
- Meet regularly and develop relationships with vendors, agents and government authorities including traveling overseas.
- Innovate by applying new technologies in the workplace.
- Stay abreast of geopolitical conditions and country customs regulations.
- Verifying and approve logistic related expenses Inc. travel, offshore expense claims, facilities costs, and other related operational expenses.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Minimum experience of 10 years as Logistics Manager.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining your experience to date and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Group Logistics Manager in the subject line.
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining your experience to date together with your CV to email@example.com with CPT Operator in the subject line.
We have a vacancy for a Driller within the Geotech Division of Horizon Geosciences
The Driller is responsible for operating the drilling rig and support units, the safe and timely completion of the drilled hole, and provides direction and leadership to the roughnecks on all drilling related operations. He will also direct and control the mud mixing and hole sampling and testing activities and ensure these operations are carried out safely, in a timely manner, and to a high standard of which is expected of all Horizon personnel.
Responsibility and Principle Activity:
- Liaise closely with drilling supervisor on all drilling and sampling activities
- Ensure the accurate recording of hole depth, including sample and testing depths
- Ensure personal safety and the safety of colleagues in the work place at all times
- Ensure to deliver clear and effective communications to all drilling personnel
- Interpret, understand and respond to downhole drilling conditions
- Liaise closely with project geotechnical staff to achieve quality of sample
- Assign a specified task and delegate responsibilities to all personnel
- Submit detailed and accurate requisitions and authorize at the appropriate level
- Ensure good housekeeping practices
- Responsible to report any unsafe acts or potential hazards and adhere to the stop work policy
- Mobilisation and de-mobilisation of drilling rig and related equipment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Geotechnical drilling industry.
- Experience in working in a difficult and demanding environments.
- Capable of working with people of different nationalities and cultures
- Effective communicator and active listener
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Computer literate
We are always on the lookout for motivated DP2 Marine Crew, click on each job title below to view the experience and qualifications required:
If you’d like to further your career with Horizon, send your CV with a covering letter specifying the position you’re applying for to
firstname.lastname@example.org. For the DP2 Marine Crew positions, please mark your email FAO: Joy C. Parungao.