We have a vacancy for a Senior Project Manager within the Survey Division of Horizon Geosciences.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the supervision and management of specific projects assigned by the Projects Director. Responsible for all communications with Clients (commercial and contractual), directing the Party Chief/Team Leader, OPM or senior field staff, to ensure that projects are conducted Safely, within budget, in accordance with procedures to the contract specifications, and that the Company’s Integrated Management System is followed.
Responsibility and Principle Activity:
- Provide assistance to the Projects Director in project organisation and allocation of project resources.
- Correspond with clients on contractual and commercial matters.
- Ensure project procedures are suitable and meet the requirements of the specific project.
- Conduct project briefings to the survey teams including technical and HSE specific requirements.
- Ensure field staff follows emergency procedures.
- Ensure field staff report accidents / incidents.
- Ensure projects meet the contract specifications within time frames.
- Regularly contact and update clients with the project progress.
- Monitor the performance of the projects and provide project costs and revenue information.
- If required, initiate, check and submit contract variations.
- Review and approve all project reporting and charting
- Monitor field expenses and create project related invoices.
- Track project related expenses and report internally on a monthly basis.
- Line Management and development responsibility of a team of Assistant Project Manager’s.
- B.Sc. or Engineering Level in Hydrographic Surveying or related discipline.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Project management.
- Familiar with the services and equipment used.
- Familiar with basic accounting principles.
- Fluent written and spoken English Language.
- Computer literate (MS Office applications, MS Projects).
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining your experience to date together with your CV to email@example.com with Senior Project Manager in the subject line.
We have a vacancy for a CPT Technical Manager within the Geotech Division of Horizon Geosciences:
The CPT Technical Manager oversees all activities related to Geotechnical CPT, Sampling and testing Operations. The CPT Technical Manager is to ensure equipment is able to meet all necessary project requirements. CPT Technical Manager will assist in the recruitment selection, training and assignment of personnel to projects. The CPT Technical Manager will assist in the procurement of all CPT, Sampling and Testing related equipment and its maintenance.
Responsibility and Principle Activity:
The operations performed by the CPT Technical Manager include (but are not limited to) the below activities.
- Ensure that CPT, Sampling and testing equipment is maintained for all CPT operations.
- Ensure that all CPT documentation including cone tracker, preventative maintenance schedule (PMS), CPT certifications, defects reports, recommendation reports, requisitions, etc. are maintained and up to date.
- Coordination with Drilling Manager, CPT Manager and Project Manager for allocation of personnel and equipment to projects.
- Monitor and evaluate daily progress of CPT operations.
- Provide continuous support, advice and recommend solutions for all CPT operational issues.
- Build relationships with suppliers and industry experts to remain current with latest CPT techniques and procedures.
- Manage specialist contractors and suppliers of CPT equipment and tools.
- Seek to reduce costs.
- Suggest and carry out upgrades to increase efficiency to save time/cost.
- Supervise mobilisation /demobilisations of equipment for projects.
- Write a maintenance plan and ensure it is carried for all CPT, sampling and testing equipment.
- Review scope of work deliverables to ensure Horizon is technically compliant.
The CPT Technical Manager reports to the Drilling and CPT Manager. The CPT Technical Manager will work closely with other department heads to ensure that project requirements are met.
- Minimum of 15 years in the Geotechnical industry.
- Detailed knowledge of CPT processes, procedures and machinery used.
- Experience of addressing and resolving a wide variety of concerns and complaints from the CPT Operators.
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Fluent written and spoken English Language
- Frequent Travel between project locations, suppliers and technical training.
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining your experience to date and motivation for applying for this role together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with CPT Technical Manager in the subject line.
Working pattern: Full time, permanent
We currently have vacancies for Geotechnical Engineers to join our expanding UK office in Bristol. The role involves office based engineering and reporting combined with offshore postings to site investigation vessels during project fieldwork.
The responsibilities for this role include:
- Identifying technical requirements from scopes of work prior to project fieldworks
- Supervision of geotechnical investigations using a variety of in situ testing and sampling equipment
- Liaison with client representatives
- Supervision and management of offshore and onshore geotechnical laboratory testing
- Ensuring geotechnical data meets required specifications
- Performing geotechnical engineering analyses for offshore structures
- Producing factual and interpretive reports
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- A relevant degree in Engineering Geology, Geotechnics or Civil Engineering
- Previous experience of site investigation an advantage
- Willingness to travel and spend periods of time offshore
- Fluent in written and spoken English with foreign language ability an advantage
- Strong teamwork and leadership abilities
- Computer literate to an intermediate or advanced level, including knowledge of MS Word; Excel; and MS Project
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining your experience to date and motivation for applying for this role together with your CV to email@example.com with “UK Geotechnical Engineer Application” in the subject line.
Applicants must be in possession of valid documentation allowing them to work in the UK.
No agencies please
We have a vacancy for a Driller within the Geotech Division of Horizon Geosciences
The Driller is responsible for operating the drilling rig and support units, the safe and timely completion of the drilled hole, and provides direction and leadership to the roughnecks on all drilling related operations. He will also direct and control the mud mixing and hole sampling and testing activities and ensure these operations are carried out safely, in a timely manner, and to a high standard of which is expected of all Horizon personnel.
Responsibility and Principle Activity:
- Liaise closely with drilling supervisor on all drilling and sampling activities
- Ensure the accurate recording of hole depth, including sample and testing depths
- Ensure personal safety and the safety of colleagues in the work place at all times
- Ensure to deliver clear and effective communications to all drilling personnel
- Interpret, understand and respond to downhole drilling conditions
- Liaise closely with project geotechnical staff to achieve quality of sample
- Assign a specified task and delegate responsibilities to all personnel
- Submit detailed and accurate requisitions and authorize at the appropriate level
- Ensure good housekeeping practices
- Responsible to report any unsafe acts or potential hazards and adhere to the stop work policy
- Mobilisation and de-mobilisation of drilling rig and related equipment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Geotechnical drilling industry.
- Experience in working in a difficult and demanding environments.
- Capable of working with people of different nationalities and cultures
- Effective communicator and active listener
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Computer literate
We are always on the lookout for motivated DP2 Marine Crew, click on each job title below to view the experience and qualifications required:
If you’d like to further your career with Horizon, send your CV with a covering letter specifying the position you’re applying for to
firstname.lastname@example.org. For the DP2 Marine Crew positions, please mark your email FAO: Joy C. Parungao.