We have a vacancy for a Assistant Project Manager within the Survey Project department of Horizon Geosciences in Sharjah office: The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for the supervision and management of certain aspects of projects assigned by the Project Manager.
RESPONSIBILITY, ACCOUNTABILITY AND AUTHORITY
The tasks performed by the Assistant PM include (but are not limited to) the below activities.
- Provide assistance to the Project Manager in project organisation and allocation of project resources.
- Assist the Project Manager in conducting a project brief to the team including technical and HSE specific requirements and subjects.
- Coordinate with relevant departments to ensure that the Health and Safety plans and project quality plans are produced specific to individual projects.
- Ensure field staff follow the emergency procedures & report accidents / incidents.
- Providing support to the Offshore PM/Team Leader and senior field staff.
- Assist project manager in scheduling and tracking.
- Monitor the performance of the project and provide project cost and revenue information.
- M.Sc. of B.Sc. or Engineering Level in Hydrographic Surveying or related discipline.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the marine survey industry.
- Minimum of one year experience in project management.
- Familiar with basic accounting principles.
- Fluent written and spoken English Language.
- Computer literate (MS Office applications, MS Projects).
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining your experience to date together with your CV to email@example.com with Assistant Project Manager in the subject line.
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining your experience to date together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Proposals Coordinator in the subject line.
We have a vacancy for a Driller within the Geotech Division of Horizon Geosciences
The Driller is responsible for operating the drilling rig and support units, the safe and timely completion of the drilled hole, and provides direction and leadership to the roughnecks on all drilling related operations. He will also direct and control the mud mixing and hole sampling and testing activities and ensure these operations are carried out safely, in a timely manner, and to a high standard of which is expected of all Horizon personnel.
Responsibility and Principle Activity:
- Liaise closely with drilling supervisor on all drilling and sampling activities
- Ensure the accurate recording of hole depth, including sample and testing depths
- Ensure personal safety and the safety of colleagues in the work place at all times
- Ensure to deliver clear and effective communications to all drilling personnel
- Interpret, understand and respond to downhole drilling conditions
- Liaise closely with project geotechnical staff to achieve quality of sample
- Assign a specified task and delegate responsibilities to all personnel
- Submit detailed and accurate requisitions and authorize at the appropriate level
- Ensure good housekeeping practices
- Responsible to report any unsafe acts or potential hazards and adhere to the stop work policy
- Mobilisation and de-mobilisation of drilling rig and related equipment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Geotechnical drilling industry.
- Experience in working in a difficult and demanding environments.
- Capable of working with people of different nationalities and cultures
- Effective communicator and active listener
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Computer literate
We are always on the lookout for motivated DP2 Marine Crew, click on each job title below to view the experience and qualifications required:
If you’d like to further your career with Horizon, send your CV with a covering letter specifying the position you’re applying for to
email@example.com. For the DP2 Marine Crew positions, please mark your email FAO: Joy C. Parungao.