We have a vacancy for a Lead Geotechnical Engineer within our Geotech Department at Sharjah Office:
The Lead Geotechnical Engineer is responsible for developing the capabilities of the engineering department and growing the department as a business unit. The Lead Geotechnical Engineer is responsible for assisting the Engineering Manager in the management of the geotechnical engineering deliverables of projects, the planning, project management, and supervision of offshore, nearest and Onshore geotechnical investigations factual and interpretive reporting as necessary. The Lead Geotechnical Engineer is active in the improvement and widening of technical capability within the geotechnical engineering division and is the lead proponent of generating and performing opportunities in engineering consultancy.
Responsibility and Principle Activity:
- To develop the department’s capability to provide high-level engineering consultancy and market these capabilities.
- To identify additional growth opportunities for the Geotechnical Engineering Department.
- To aid the Engineering Manager in managing the resources in the Geotechnical Team to deliver the agreed outcomes for geotechnical schemes
- To aid the Engineering Manager in managing external resources used by the Geotechnical Team
- To aid the Engineering Manager in identifying areas for improvement within the team and methods by which improvement may be achieved.
- To interpret design drawings and specifications to assist in project planning.
- To prepare ground models and undertake engineering calculations in accordance with recommended design procedures.
- To prepare designs, reports, specifications, and other deliverables for factual and interpretive reporting deliverables.
- To allocate the tasks to other more junior members of geotechnical team, monitor progress and provide supervision and instruction where necessary.
- To monitor the reporting work produced by junior members of the Geotechnical Team to ensure they meet the project requirements.
- To monitor the laboratory testing schedules to ensure they meet the project requirements.
- To ensure engineering assessments are appropriate and meet the expected high levels of technical capability.
- To seek innovation in the delivery of schemes and techniques used in engineering assessment and analysis.
- To ensure the quality system is actively applied to all geotechnical schemes.
- Facilitate in achieving targets and business improvement.
- Provide active participation in the form of adherence to and improvement of the Company’s Integrated Management System.
- Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Geology or Civil Engineering (with specialization in Geotechnics) MSc in a relevant discipline is a distinct advantage.
- Chartered in relevant discipline or pursuing Chartership.
- Extensive knowledge in pipeline engineering and design.
- Knowledgeable and proven history in procurement and delivery of ground investigations and subsequent interpretive design reporting.
- Proven history in geotechnical ground modeling, geotechnical analysis and design such as piled foundations, shallow foundations, and settlement, preferably in a marine environment.
- Fully conversant in base geotechnical logging software such as gINT.
- Knowledge of proprietary engineering analysis software.
- Fully conversant in Microsoft Office suite.
- Fluent in written and spoken English Language.
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining your experience to date together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Lead Geotech Engineer in the subject line.
To apply, please send a cover letter outlining your experience to date together with your CV to email@example.com with CPT Operator in the subject line.
We have a vacancy for a Driller within the Geotech Division of Horizon Geosciences
The Driller is responsible for operating the drilling rig and support units, the safe and timely completion of the drilled hole, and provides direction and leadership to the roughnecks on all drilling related operations. He will also direct and control the mud mixing and hole sampling and testing activities and ensure these operations are carried out safely, in a timely manner, and to a high standard of which is expected of all Horizon personnel.
Responsibility and Principle Activity:
- Liaise closely with drilling supervisor on all drilling and sampling activities
- Ensure the accurate recording of hole depth, including sample and testing depths
- Ensure personal safety and the safety of colleagues in the work place at all times
- Ensure to deliver clear and effective communications to all drilling personnel
- Interpret, understand and respond to downhole drilling conditions
- Liaise closely with project geotechnical staff to achieve quality of sample
- Assign a specified task and delegate responsibilities to all personnel
- Submit detailed and accurate requisitions and authorize at the appropriate level
- Ensure good housekeeping practices
- Responsible to report any unsafe acts or potential hazards and adhere to the stop work policy
- Mobilisation and de-mobilisation of drilling rig and related equipment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Geotechnical drilling industry.
- Experience in working in a difficult and demanding environments.
- Capable of working with people of different nationalities and cultures
- Effective communicator and active listener
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Computer literate
We are always on the lookout for motivated DP2 Marine Crew, click on each job title below to view the experience and qualifications required:
If you’d like to further your career with Horizon, send your CV with a covering letter specifying the position you’re applying for to
firstname.lastname@example.org. For the DP2 Marine Crew positions, please mark your email FAO: Joy C. Parungao.